Thursday 5 March 2015

The Wedding of Pat & Martin, Rufflet's Hotel, St.Andrews

The irony is that I love to write blog posts.   I've just been really bad at doing it.  It's not my fault; I'm short of time.  The problem with running your own small business, micro business actually, is that you have to do everything yourself, all the time, and if you want to have any kind of a life as well, then some things are inevitably going to get side-lined.  It's never going to be my clients, so the poor old blog has been left in the corner, like "Baby" (the girls will get that reference; boys don't stand a chance!)

Listen.  That rustling you can hear is the sound of a new leaf being turned over.  I'm going to try so much harder to do so much better.  

So, 2015 begins, and I've been busy from the start.  The winter is "low season" for wedding photography (although that's changing and many photographers will already have several weddings under their belts by now).  For me, 2015 kicked off with the wedding of Pat and Martin at the gorgeous Rufflet's Hotel in St.Andrews on the 3rd January.  It was a tad chilly outside, but we had a touch of that beautiful golden winter sun which meant that we simply had to go into the gardens for a few photos.  The bridesmaids looked fabulous in their silver-grey dresses with lace detail, the colour being picked up perfectly in the sash on the flower girl's dress.  Pat's beautiful wedding dress was one hundred percent, classic glamour.  I do like dresses with straps, sleeves and detail around the top, and the cowl draping down the back looked simply stunning.

Hair by Francine Wardrope Hairdressing  07919 926418
Flowers by Hayley Michelle Allcoat www.hayleymichelle.co.uk

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Pat and Martin. Wonderful and intimate pictures shared here. Well I just love planning things and these days I am planning unique things for my project wedding. I am going to visit best Chicago Wedding Venues so that I can click some pictures too.

    ReplyDelete