Friday 18 October 2013

Isla and Dan's Wonderful "Home Made" Wedding

When I first met Isla and her Mum at the Glen Pavilion Wedding Fair in September 2012, I was completely intrigued by their plans for a wedding at Crail Community Hall on Easter Sunday 2013, so I was delighted when Isla subsequently booked me to photograph her wedding.

The 31st March dawned crisp and cold but there was some Spring sunshine as I made the journey to Crail. En route to the bride's home, I stopped in at the Community Hall to see how it was looking...what a fabulous venue it was. Warm and inviting with beautiful dark wooden floors.  Isla's Mum, Jean, had gone to town making miles of beautiful bunting which was draped across the high ceiling in swags.  I had had a feeling that this would be a brilliant wedding and I was not wrong!

At the bride's house, we started off with some photographs of Isla getting ready with her Bridesmaids. The bouquets lined up on the table were beautiful, made by the Groom's talented sister.  The girls looked fabulous in their prom dresses and I just loved Isla's red shoes.

Back at the hall, guests were arriving and the atmosphere was jovial and lively.  Dan and his Best Man were incorrigible.  Getting them into position for their Groom and Best Man photo, they suddenly asked,  "Shall we kiss?" and before I knew it, they did!  Lucky for me I was quick on the shutter.  

Needless to say, that moment set the tone for the whole day which was filled with laughter from start to finish.  This wedding was brilliantly unique and entirely personal to Isla and Dan.  As I was leaving, Jean asked me if I had enjoyed it.  "I suppose it's just another wedding for you" she mused.  It certainly wasn't "just another wedding".  Here are some photos:

  










1 comment: